Final phase of Kempsville-Princess Anne intersection improvement set to start
Virginia Beach, Va. (WTKR) – The final phase of a construction project to improve the intersection where Princess Anne, Kempsville and Witchduck Roads meet is set to begin this weekend.
The project is upgrading the intersection so that each segment has three through lanes, two left-hand turn lanes and a free flowing right-hand turn lane.
Over the weekend, southbound traffic on Witchduck Road, which turns into Kempsville Road, will be shifted to the east side of the road.
That shift will happen between Bonney Road and Chief Trail.
Two roads, Office Square Lane and Singleton Way at Witchduck Road, will be closed during this shift. Businesses there can be accessed using Ruritan Court, according to Virginia Beach Public Works.
Project Manager Bill Haggerty says when construction is completed next spring, the entire corridor will be poised to meet the needs of a growing population.
“This intersection project adjusts for and improves the existing conditions at the intersection plus also adds capacity for future growth,” Haggerty stated.
To find out more about the intersection improvement project, click here.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial