Spartyka MMA event to benefit cancer survivor
For Thomas K. Poey, Jr., owner of Poey’s School of Martial Arts in Virginia Beach and a 25-year veteran of amateur/professional MMA, along with his wife, Tara Poey, the idea of fighting took on a much deeper meaning when their youngest son Maddox was diagnosed with a rare form of eye cancer called retinoblastoma at just 7 months old.
To help alleviate some of the family’s financial burden, Spartyka Fight League (SFL) is scheduled to host a special MMA event (SFL XIII) in Maddox’s honor at the Ted Constant Convocation Center in Norfolk on Oct. 19. The event is fittingly named “Miracles For Maddox” and a percentage of ticket sales will go directly to the Poey family.
For more information about “Miracles For Maddox” or to purchase tickets, visit www.spartykafightleague.com. Tickets are $25 for general admission. The event will start promptly at 7 p.m., doors open at 5:30 p.m.
If you are interested in sponsoring or volunteering for an upcoming Spartyka event, email Jimi Partyka at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 515-6538.
For more information about Spartyka Nation, visit www.spartykanation.com.
For a chance to win tickets to the event, visit www.flagshipnews.com/contests.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home