ODU linebacker Caleb Taylor dismissed from team
“It is unfortunate anytime a student-athlete does not adhere to the rules of our program. Caleb did not break the laws of the State or the University; I want to be very clear on this point. He did, however, show a pattern of violating team rules that was disappointing not only to the staff but to his teammates as well. When you are part of a team that prides itself on being disciplined you need to maintain discipline at all times as a person, student and a football player. Caleb is in good standing academically and we will work with him should he decide to transfer at the end of the semester,” Wilder said.
Taylor was ODU’s second leading tackler last season and the leading returning tackler for the Monarchs coming into 2013. He was the starting middle linebacker heading into the preseason.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel