Newport News Police Department hosts crime prevention events
Newport News, Va.—The Newport News Police Department’s Auto Theft Unit and Pawn unit will host three more crime prevention events in an effort to deter auto and property theft.
One crime prevention event was already held on September 21, 2013.
The events will heighten the community’s awareness about programs available such as the Help Eliminate Auto Theft (H.E.A.T.) program provided by the Virginia State Police Department.
The Newport News Police Department will also provide a service to engrave car owners’ vehicle identification number (VIN) information in a concealed location of the vehicle.
You may also register up to four electronic devices. Electronics include: laptops, GPS devices, iPads, or gaming systems. These devices can be new or previously owned.
The remaining events will be held as follows:
- October 26, 2013 at Newport News City Park
- November 30, 2013 at Patrick Henry Mall, 12300 Jefferson Avenue
- December 14, 2013 at the Farmers Market at Downtown at 2804 Jefferson Avenue
If you have any questions, please contact the Auto Theft Unit or the Pawn Unit at (757) 928-4200.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel