Newport News Police Department hosts crime prevention events
Newport News, Va.—The Newport News Police Department’s Auto Theft Unit and Pawn unit will host three more crime prevention events in an effort to deter auto and property theft.
One crime prevention event was already held on September 21, 2013.
The events will heighten the community’s awareness about programs available such as the Help Eliminate Auto Theft (H.E.A.T.) program provided by the Virginia State Police Department.
The Newport News Police Department will also provide a service to engrave car owners’ vehicle identification number (VIN) information in a concealed location of the vehicle.
You may also register up to four electronic devices. Electronics include: laptops, GPS devices, iPads, or gaming systems. These devices can be new or previously owned.
The remaining events will be held as follows:
- October 26, 2013 at Newport News City Park
- November 30, 2013 at Patrick Henry Mall, 12300 Jefferson Avenue
- December 14, 2013 at the Farmers Market at Downtown at 2804 Jefferson Avenue
If you have any questions, please contact the Auto Theft Unit or the Pawn Unit at (757) 928-4200.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- The real story behind the ‘train selfie’ and the man kicked in head by ‘conductor’