Woman arrested after bomb threats made at Kohls in Chesapeake
Update: Authorities say they have now arrested a suspect in connection to a bomb threat that was made at Kohls Department Store in Chesapeake.
On Saturday, October 5th, they arrested 35-year-old Barbara Lee Allen of Norfolk.
She was charged with three felony counts of threatening to bomb a building and three misdemeanor counts of harassment by computer.
Authorities started their investigation after they say the store received several threats last week.
Chesapeake, Va. – On Thursday afternoon, the Kohls Department Store on Sams Circle was evacuated after a bomb threat police say.
Several units from fire and rescue responded to the scene. They searched the store but nothing suspicious was found police say.
People were allowed to re-enter the store about an hour later.
No one was injured.
This case is still under investigation.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'