Chesapeake school evacuated due to burn odor
Chesapeake, Va. – Sparrow Road Intermediate School was evacuated Thursday afternoon due to a “burn odor” detected in the school, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
A school spokesperson says the odor was detected in a hallway.
The school was evacuated at 12:10 p.m. and fire units responded.
The evacuation lasted a little more than one hour, officials say.
The school has now been deemed safe for students and faculty.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they are available.
- Float catches fire during Oceanfront parade, caused by generator
- Navy releases two animated videos on dangers of spice, bath salts
- Update: VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition released on bond
- Newport News mom charged with child neglect after 1-year-old son found in car