James City County man accused of giving friend drugs, killing him
James City County, Va. – Roy Edgar Morrisette, 39, is accused of killing his friend with the very same drugs he gave him.
Williamsburg police say, in a recorded conversation, Morrisette admits to bringing Christopher Todd Rose heroin the same day that Rose overdosed.
That recorded confession, along with surveillance video, was strong enough evidence to convince a James City judge Tuesday to send this homicide case to a grand jury.
“It’s kind of like providing a suicidal subject with a gun in my mind there’s really no difference,” says Maj. Greg Riley of the Williamsburg Police Department.
On April 27th, police say, they found Rose dead on the floor of a room at Motel 6.
They say they have surveillance video of Morrisette going in and out of Rose’s room that day.
And according to court documents, police also have a recorded conversation. In that recording, they say, Morrisette admits to getting money from Rose, buying him heroin, and bringing it to him the day he died.
Police say they also believe the two did drugs together in the motel room.
NewsChannel 3 didn’t find any prior drug-related charges on Morrisette’s record in James City County.
In this case, he’s charged with distribution of heroin and felony homicide.
Morrisette is out of jail on bond.
His next court appearance is scheduled for November 20.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth