Man arrested for Hampton convenience store robbery
Update: Hampton Police have arrested 35-year-old Thomas Earl Koonce in connection with this incident. He has been charged with one count of robbery and one count of burglary while armed.
He remains in custody at the Hampton City Jail.
Hampton Police are looking to identify a man responsible for a robbery that occurred Monday at the Corner-Mart in the 1700 block of Todds Lane.
Police say around 8:30 p.m. the man entered the store and removed beer from the cooler at the back of the business.
He then went behind the counter, displayed a knife, and demanded U.S. currency.
After taking the money, he fled from the store in a vehicle, possibly silver in color.
No one was injured.
The man is described as a white male, approximately 5’7” to 5’8”, 170 pounds and was wearing a long-sleeved dark colored shirt, blue jeans and baseball cap.
Anyone with information that will assist police is encouraged to contact the Hampton Police Division at 727-6111 or Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean