Mother arrested after 7-year-old left in car in Newport News
Newport News, Va. – A Newport News mother was charged with child neglect on Saturday after police found her 7-year-old son in the back seat of a vehicle soaked from rain falling through the open sun roof.
The boy was found after police responded to a complaint of a loud party and a crying child in a car in the 7900 block of Merrimac Lane.
The boy told police his mother had been gone for a while, and after 45 minutes officers found 23-year-old Tranesha Terry at a nearby house. Terry initially refused to identify herself as the child’s mother.
Terry was arrested and charged with Abuse/Neglect Child: Reckless disregard for life and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery