HRT hosts meeting on light rail expansion
Virginia Beach, Va. – Another meeting was held on Monday night to talk about expanding light rail.
In Virginia Beach’s Town Center, folks talked about the proposed cost and how many people would actually hitch a ride.
Hampton Roads Transit hosted the first of three new meetings.
This spring, a series of open ‘town hall’ type events were held to get more information on The Tide.
Back then, spots like Hilltop were ruled out as possible new locations. Another meeting will be held Wednesday at the Double Tree in Virginia Beach from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea