Group shows off controversial Confederate flag to fly over I-95
CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. — The Virginia Flaggers released a photo Thursday of the Confederate flag the group plans to hoist above I-95 later this month.
The group said the 15-by-15 foot flag will be raised on Saturday, Sept. 28 at 10 a.m. at a secret location in Chesterfield County off of I-95, according to WTVR.
The group, which is still keeping that location a top-secret because of vandalism fears, began assembling a 50-foot high flagpole along the interstate late last month.
Members of the Virginia Flaggers group say they are dedicated to honoring their Confederate ancestors.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight