Wilson High School student killed in collision with pick-up truck
Portsmouth, Va. – A 17-year-old Wilson High School student was killed after colliding with a Ford F-150 pick-up truck near the intersection of Jacquelyn Drive and Portsmouth Blvd. on Thursday morning.
Calls came in about the accident at around 7:20 a.m.
When officers arrived on the scene, they found 17-year-old Talon Cohen pinned inside of the Honda Accord he was driving. They say he was suffering from trauma to the body. When medics arrived, Cohen was pronounced dead at the scene.
Another juvenile, who was also in the Honda Accord with Cohen, suffered serious but non-life threatening injuries. The passenger was taken to Sentara Norfolk General.
The driver of the F-150 sustained minor injuries and did not need medical treatment police say. The passenger in the pick-up truck did not sustain any injuries.
Police are still investigating the accident. They say no charges will be filed until the investigation is complete.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.Submit Your Photo
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Video: Utah Jazz mascot gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head