Trade-in programs available for new iPhone buyers
With two new iPhone models, 5C and 5S, being released on September 20, 2013, iPhone users can trade-in their current phone to receive money or a credit towards a new iPhone.
Apple, Gazelle and Walmart provide consumers with options to trade-in their old phones. Each company has its own policy.
Apple allows customers to trade-in a workable iPhone for a gift card that has to be used towards the purchase of a new iPhone. A two-year contract is required. The customer cannot receive an estimate of the phone’s value without going through the full trade-in process.
Gazelle offers a little more flexibility. The site will give out estimates of the iPhone’s worth and will confirm the price once the iPhone is received and inspected. Gazelle does not restrict the refund to a gift card but allows consumers to choose a gift card, PayPal deposit or a physical check. Of course the payback amount depends on the condition of the iPhone.
Lastly, Walmart allows customers to receive a credit of up to $300 depending on the condition of the phone starting September 21. Although Walmart does require a two-year contract like Apple consumers at Walmart can trade-in other smartphones as well.
The good thing about either of these programs is if your phone is in good condition you just might be able to buy a new phone without having to spend a dime.
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Man accused of stealing from dying friend now a fugitive
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- Officials discuss plans to repair closed Bonner Bridge
- Police investigating after man claiming workers' comp treated day before for sports injury