Green Run community takes action for a teenager with a brain tumor
Virginia Beach, VA – A Green Run Community is taking action for a 15 year-old.
Victoria Ali is fighting a stage four brain tumor.
Saturday her neighbors put together a yard sale to help support the teen and her family.
“In all honesty it makes me want to cry, as much as it did when I had to shave my head,” Victoria said.
Many of her neighbors, including Victoria’s mom Patty, also shaved their heads in support.
“I want her to feel that she’s still beautiful,” said her mother, Patty Ali. “So I think when she sees other people with no hair, and that their faces are still the same beautiful faces that we love, that she can understand that she’s not scaring kids away.”
Doctors discovered the cancerous brain tumor not long after Victoria’s fifteenth birthday this year. She has to undergo constant chemotherapy and radiation treatments.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study
- UPDATE: Man shot to death in car in Portsmouth identified