Take action for the Cody Childers Memorial Fund this weekend
Virginia Beach, Va. - Tomorrow, you have the opportunity to take action for the Lance Corporal Cody Childers Memorial Fund.
This effort was started by Cody’s mom, Wendy Childers, after her son, a Marine, was killed in Afghanistan back in 2010.
Since then, she has made it her mission to send care packages to our military members overseas.
This weekend’s fundraiser helps support this effort.
One of the key organizers is Jeff Stewart who we surprised with a people taking action award.
One of his nicknames is the “One Armed Bandit,” but that does not slow him down one bit. Wendy says Stewart is a big help.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery