HAZMAT situation now contained on Hampton Blvd.
Norfolk, Va. – Fire crews responded to a HazMat situation on the corner of Hampton Boulevard near Baker Street, according to Julian Williamson of Norfolk Fire/Rescue.
The leak has now been contained.
The call came in around 1:05 p.m. A tractor trailer was carrying a corrosive substance that began to leak, officials say.
An estimated 5 to 15 gallons leaked from the vehicle.
Buildings and businesses were evacuated.
No injuries were reported.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom