Man arrested for arson in early morning Norfolk house fire
Norfolk house fire
Norfolk, Va. – Norfolk Fire Rescue say Fire Marshals arrested and charged a man for the fire that tore through a home on Silbert Road early Tuesday morning.
Firefighters arrived on scene shortly after 1 a.m. and found a fire in the front part of the house and in the attic.
The fire caused severe damage to one end of the home. And at one point, firefighters had to watch closely for hot spots.
Much of the home is destroyed.
Fire officials tell NewsChannel 3 no one was hurt.
Mark Antony Burns, 47, was charged with arson to an unoccupied dwelling.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship