Man arrested for arson in early morning Norfolk house fire
Norfolk house fire
Norfolk, Va. – Norfolk Fire Rescue say Fire Marshals arrested and charged a man for the fire that tore through a home on Silbert Road early Tuesday morning.
Firefighters arrived on scene shortly after 1 a.m. and found a fire in the front part of the house and in the attic.
The fire caused severe damage to one end of the home. And at one point, firefighters had to watch closely for hot spots.
Much of the home is destroyed.
Fire officials tell NewsChannel 3 no one was hurt.
Mark Antony Burns, 47, was charged with arson to an unoccupied dwelling.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend
- Watch: Arizona pug takes on police K-9
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales