Former Chesapeake youth minister sentenced for indecent liberties
Chesapeake, Va. – Gregory Forehand, a 41-year-old former youth minister and lead pastor at Real Life Christian Church, will spend the next five years in prison for custodial indecent liberties.
He was sentenced to a total of 15 years with 10 of those years suspended. Officials say the recommended sentence was 3-6 months in jail.
Three teens accused Forehand and he was found guilty of indecent liberties.
Officials say the incidents happened from June 1999 to August 2006.
Forehand will also be required to register as a sex offender and he will be on supervised probation when he is released.
He must be on good behavior for 10 years after his release as well.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen