Gilmerton Bridge Sunday closure
Chesapeake, Va. – The Gilmerton Bridge (Route 13/Military Highway) will resume its 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. closure time beginning Sunday, Sept. 9, 2013, for construction activities relating to the Gilmerton Bridge Replacement Project.
In addition to the weekly Sunday night closures, the Gilmerton Bridge is also scheduled to close each night, Monday through Thursday, at 8 p.m. and reopen each morning by 5 a.m.
During the weeknight closures, motorists are encouraged to use the Interstate 64 High Rise Bridge as the preferred alternate route. In addition, the South Norfolk Jordan Bridge in Chesapeake can be used as a tolled alternate route.
General information about the Gilmerton Bridge Replacement Project can be found at http://www.GilmertonBridge.org.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket