Gilmerton Bridge Sunday closure
Chesapeake, Va. – The Gilmerton Bridge (Route 13/Military Highway) will resume its 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. closure time beginning Sunday, Sept. 9, 2013, for construction activities relating to the Gilmerton Bridge Replacement Project.
In addition to the weekly Sunday night closures, the Gilmerton Bridge is also scheduled to close each night, Monday through Thursday, at 8 p.m. and reopen each morning by 5 a.m.
During the weeknight closures, motorists are encouraged to use the Interstate 64 High Rise Bridge as the preferred alternate route. In addition, the South Norfolk Jordan Bridge in Chesapeake can be used as a tolled alternate route.
General information about the Gilmerton Bridge Replacement Project can be found at http://www.GilmertonBridge.org.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home