Man killed by remote control toy helicopter in Brooklyn, police say
NEW YORK (CNN) – A 19-year-old man died in Brooklyn Thursday afternoon after a remote control helicopter he was flying struck him in the head, according to the New York Police Department.
Roman Pirozek of Queens was pronounced dead on arrival by paramedics who rushed to the scene, Detective Kelly Ort said.
CNN affiliate WABC cites sources saying the man was decapitated by the chopper blades, while CNN affiliate WPIX’s sources say they took off the top of the man’s head.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel