PVT Herbert Powles
Today we honor Private Herbert Powles.
He served in the late 1930s for the civilian conservation corp working to build state parks – specifically Douthat State Park, which is located in the Allegheny Mountains in Virginia.
Private Powles served in World War II as a vehicle mechanic – servicing jeeps in Germany.
He was married to his wife “Ruth” for 63 years.
Private Powles passed in October 2007 at age 91.
He had 3 children, 6 granchildren and 4 great-grand children.
We thank him for his service.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's