PVT Herbert Powles
Today we honor Private Herbert Powles.
He served in the late 1930s for the civilian conservation corp working to build state parks – specifically Douthat State Park, which is located in the Allegheny Mountains in Virginia.
Private Powles served in World War II as a vehicle mechanic – servicing jeeps in Germany.
He was married to his wife “Ruth” for 63 years.
Private Powles passed in October 2007 at age 91.
He had 3 children, 6 granchildren and 4 great-grand children.
We thank him for his service.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach