NC pastor only wants white faces at front doors
North Carolina - A North Carolina church pastor only wants white faces at the doors to greet people according to an email sent out to at least one member of the congregation.
Carmen Thomas says she got an email from the church pastor mandating “only white people be on the front doors.”
The minister who sent it, a black woman, also explained she wanted to “bring our racial demographic pendulum back to mid-line.”
Church officials have apologized and issued a response saying:
They believe in a “diverse relationship within its membership, reflecting the larger community in which the church resides, doing life together as a church representative of everyone culturally, ethnically, economically, and generationally.”
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel