One million cockroaches on the run in China
For almost a week, one million cockroaches have been on the run!
According to The New York Post, a farmer was raising them and someone reportedly broken into the critters’ plastic greenhouse and they escaped.
The New York Post says the bugs took off from a nursery in western China where they were being raised for use in traditional Chinese medicine.
In China, scientists take extracts from the bugs and use them to treat cancer and reduce inflammation.
Folks who live nearby are being told to stay calm, and that farmer is taking a huge financial hit.
He was expecting to make around $160 for every two pounds of cockroaches he sold.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home
- UPDATE: Company says ailing 7-year-old will get drug as part of study