10 displaced after fire rips through Norfolk home
Norfolk, Va – Two adults and eight children are without a home after fire damaged a house in Norfolk on Monday night.
Calls came in at around 8:30 p.m. about the fire on Shafer Street in the Sherwood Forest area of the city.
Crews arrived on the scene and found heavy smoke and flames showing from the house. The fire was under control at 8:42 p.m.
No injuries were reported. The occupants of the home are now being assisted by the Red Cross.
The fire marshal will investigate the cause of the fire.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million