Car accident knocks out power for 2,000 customers in N.C.
Update: Dominion Power crews have restored power to customers in Perquimans Co., N.C.
Winfall, N.C. – A car accident in Perquimans County, N.C. has knocked out power to more than 2,000 customers.
According to a Dominion Power spokesperson, a power pole was damaged near the town of Winfall, causing the outage.
The accident happened around 4:20 p.m. Sunday. 2,240 customers are now without power.
Crews are at the scene making repairs. Dominion estimates power will be restored by about 6:45 p.m.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship