Car accident knocks out power for 2,000 customers in N.C.
Update: Dominion Power crews have restored power to customers in Perquimans Co., N.C.
Winfall, N.C. – A car accident in Perquimans County, N.C. has knocked out power to more than 2,000 customers.
According to a Dominion Power spokesperson, a power pole was damaged near the town of Winfall, causing the outage.
The accident happened around 4:20 p.m. Sunday. 2,240 customers are now without power.
Crews are at the scene making repairs. Dominion estimates power will be restored by about 6:45 p.m.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- UPDATE: "Katherine" the Great White Shark spotted in the surf off Kitty Hawk
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea