Car accident knocks out power for 2,000 customers in N.C.
Update: Dominion Power crews have restored power to customers in Perquimans Co., N.C.
Winfall, N.C. – A car accident in Perquimans County, N.C. has knocked out power to more than 2,000 customers.
According to a Dominion Power spokesperson, a power pole was damaged near the town of Winfall, causing the outage.
The accident happened around 4:20 p.m. Sunday. 2,240 customers are now without power.
Crews are at the scene making repairs. Dominion estimates power will be restored by about 6:45 p.m.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million