Roc Solid Foundation gives a little patient a big surprise
Chesapeake, VA - A nine-year old girl battling cancer was surprised with a new bedroom today.
The room was remodeled for Emily Friar by the Roc Solid Foundation.
Roc Solid is a non-profit organization that builds custom playsets and rooms that give children with cancer a safe place to escape.
Volunteers worked on the room for two days while she and her family stayed at a hotel.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million