Two teen boys shot in Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – Police are investigating after two teen boys were shot overnight in Norfolk.
Police say it happened just before 2 a.m. Thursday morning on Wilson Road off Campostella. The boys were walking when they heard gun shots before being struck, police say.
Officers say the two boys suffered non-life threatening injuries.
Neighbor Shelly Hunter says she was sitting in her living room when she heard the shots go off.
“My daughter came out the room. She was like, ugh, what is that? It sounded like popcorn. So I’m just like, get down on the ground, it’s gunshots,” she said.
Police say say they found one victim in a grassy area while the other shooting victim was able to knock on a neighbor’s door.
According to police, both teens heard shots go off before actually being hit. They also say a white SUV was seen in the area before the shooting.
Hunter says she didn’t see the car or who fired the shots but she did see one of the teens hopping on one leg after it happened, trying to run away.
“I saw the boy. He just started screaming, he got shot, he got shot,” she says.
Officers do not have any suspect information at this time.
This is the second shooting in that area this month.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen