Two teen boys shot in Norfolk
Norfolk, Va. – Police are investigating after two teen boys were shot overnight in Norfolk.
Police say it happened just before 2 a.m. Thursday morning on Wilson Road off Campostella. The boys were walking when they heard gun shots before being struck, police say.
Officers say the two boys suffered non-life threatening injuries.
Neighbor Shelly Hunter says she was sitting in her living room when she heard the shots go off.
“My daughter came out the room. She was like, ugh, what is that? It sounded like popcorn. So I’m just like, get down on the ground, it’s gunshots,” she said.
Police say say they found one victim in a grassy area while the other shooting victim was able to knock on a neighbor’s door.
According to police, both teens heard shots go off before actually being hit. They also say a white SUV was seen in the area before the shooting.
Hunter says she didn’t see the car or who fired the shots but she did see one of the teens hopping on one leg after it happened, trying to run away.
“I saw the boy. He just started screaming, he got shot, he got shot,” she says.
Officers do not have any suspect information at this time.
This is the second shooting in that area this month.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach