Texas pastor bans hair weaves from church
A Texas pastor is gaining national attention after banning hair weaves from his church.
Pastor AJ Aamir of Resurrecting Faith Church says women who wear hair weaves have a false image of themselves and tend to have low self-esteem.
In a statement, Aamir said:
“Long hair don’t care. What kind of mess is that? I don’t want my members so focused on what’s on their heads and not IN their heads… I lead a church where our members are struggling financially. I mean really struggling… Yet, a 26-year-old mother in my church has a $300 weave on her head. NO. I will not be quiet about this.”
Pastor Aamir acknowledged that he can’t legally ban women from wearing weaves, but he still “highly disapproves it.”
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's