Man arrested for DUI, impersonating fire lieutenant at traffic stop in Hampton
Ashley Wayne Ellison
Hampton, Va. – A Hampton man has been arrested and charged with impersonating a fire lieutenant at a traffic stop, among other charges, officials tell NewsChannel 3.
On Tuesday, August 20, around 12:45 a.m., 34-year-old Ashley Ellison was stopped by police while driving near East Pembroke Avenue and Grimes Road.
Ellison identified himself as a lieutenant with the Division of Fire and Rescue and said he was assigned to one of the stations in Hampton, according to police spokesman Cpl. Jason Price.
Upon investigation, police arrested Ellison. He is charged with impersonating a fire lieutenant, DUI, driving with a suspended license, reckless driving, and a concealed weapons charge.
Ellison is now in the custody of the Hampton City Jail.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Store owner forgives thief who returned $300 samurai sword to his Beach business
- Jeremy Mayfield’s $1.3 million mansion to be burned down
- "Katherine" the 14-foot-long shark could be headed to Virginia Beach
- Update: Driver charged after Amtrak train from Norfolk hits car in Waverly
- Some mail sent to sailors aboard the USS Harry S. Truman was lost at sea