Two accused of abusing 13-month-old baby in Kill Devil Hills
Kill Devil Hills, NC – Two people have been arrested and charged after being accused of abusing a 13-month-old baby boy in Kill Devil Hills. They say the child is now in the hospital suffering from life-threatening injuries.
Police arrested Jessica Atkins, the mother, and Jesse James, a friend who lived in the home, after an ongoing investigation. They were both charged with felony child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury.
Both were granted bond and are currently at the Dare County Detention Center until they are able to pay.
They will appear in court on Friday morning.
Officials say additional charges are possible as they continue to investigate.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more details.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend