Tropical Storm Erin forms off coast of Africa
Tropical Depression Five has strengthened to Tropical Storm Erin.
It is about 65 miles West-Southwest of the Cape Verde Islands and moving West-Northwest with 40 mph winds.
That general motion is expected to continue over the next several days. Some additional strengthening is possible.
We are still watching an area of showers and storms in the Caribbean Sea. There is a high chance (70%) of this system developing into a tropical cyclone as it moves toward the southern Gulf of Mexico.
Tropical Storm Erin:
Location: 14.5°N 25.6°W
Moving: WNW at 16 mph
Min pressure: 1006 mb
Max sustained: 40 mph
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Bullying or Fun? Military spouses go to battle over "Dependa" on Facebook
- Wait -- they found a gun hidden WHERE?!
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- UPDATE: Woman caught on camera stealing from baby's grave explains why she did it