One taken to hospital after car slams into Beach home
Virginia Beach, Va. – One person was taken to the hospital after a car plowed into a Virginia Beach home on Monday.
Calls came in at 5:05 p.m. about the incident.
Police say this happened on Electric Court.
Crews say the home was up for sale and no one was inside at the time.The young family that lived there moved out yesterday.
Since Carmaine and Lydia Mode moved in next door, three cars have crashed into their yard.
“We never know when somebody’s, every time there’s a screech she jumps,” Carmaine Mode said.
“It’s a good thing they’re not home because it goes right into the living room,” Mode said.
There was no guard rail where the car went through. It falls just a few feet shy. Neighbors in Park Place not only want the guard rail extended, but they want it closer to Prosperity Road so it deters more drivers and has them slow down when they take that sharp turn.
“I think if they were to put the guard rail all around, it would be a much better protection,” said Lydia Mode.
Authorities say the driver of the car wasn’t hurt too badly. The clean up for the home, which is being rented out, is just beginning. What’s renewed is the Modes’ fight to have the guard rail extended and pushed closer to the road so they don’t have to worry they’ll be next.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- Girl receives over 200 stitches in her head after vicious pit bull attack in Newport News
- Slain officer's text messages will be evidence at murder trial
- Family says 22-pound cat held them hostage in their own home