Man arrested in disappearance of Nelson County teen identified
17-year-old Alexis Murphy’s mother delivered an emotional plea for help in finding her daughter who disappeared a week ago.
“If anyone knows anything, please, please let us know,” Laura Anne Murphy said during a Monday morning briefing about her missing daughter Alexis. “Today would have been her first day of school. I carried my youngest son to school this morning, but I didn’t have my daughter to take.”
48-year-old Randy Allen Taylor has been arrested and charged with abduction in the disappearance of Murphy. He is being held without bail in the Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail and is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday.
Taylor was arrested at his home Sunday afternoon.
Officials ask anyone who knows or recognizes Taylor to contact the Nelson County Sheriff’s Office at 464 263 7050.
The FBI says it is examining possible connections to other disappearances in the region, but will not comment on the details at this time.
Taylor has previously said police believed he was a suspect in the 2010 disappearance of Orange resident Samantha Clarke, according to the The Hook, a Charlottesville newspaper. Taylor was never charged in connection to her disappearance.
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam
- Couple calls 911 after they don't get hash brown order at McDonald's