At least 10 injured after 41-vehicle pileup on Virginia interstate
Lexington, Va. – At least ten people were injured after an accident caused a 41-vehicle pileup on Interstate 81 southbound in Central Virginia on Sunday.
According to CBS News, police say blinding rain and speed were contributing factors.
They say two people had to be airlifted to the hospital but none of the injuries were life-threatening.
Officers tell CBS that some of the truck drivers involved in the pileup veered off the road and overturned to avoid hitting the other cars. Six tractor-trailers were involved in the incident.
Some of those trucks were still on the roadway on Monday along with a damaged camper.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth