Hampton family displaced after house fire
Hampton, Va. – The Red Cross is assisting a family of two adults and three children, displaced from their home after a fire Friday night.
Fire officials say the fire started around 10:30pm in the rear of the home in the 500 block of Greenbriar Avenue.
The family was alerted by a child in the home who saw the fire through a window.
When fire units arrived, the fire had been put out by an extinguisher.
Fire officials determined the fire to be accidental and the cause to be an open flame too close to combustibles in the rear of the home.
One person who lived in the home sustained injuries to their hands, but refused transport to the hospital.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam