Hampton family displaced after house fire
Hampton, Va. – The Red Cross is assisting a family of two adults and three children, displaced from their home after a fire Friday night.
Fire officials say the fire started around 10:30pm in the rear of the home in the 500 block of Greenbriar Avenue.
The family was alerted by a child in the home who saw the fire through a window.
When fire units arrived, the fire had been put out by an extinguisher.
Fire officials determined the fire to be accidental and the cause to be an open flame too close to combustibles in the rear of the home.
One person who lived in the home sustained injuries to their hands, but refused transport to the hospital.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales