Traffic pushed to alternate routes after tunnel closures
Norfolk, Va. – Motorist are forced to take one of several alternate routes, after the westbound lanes of the Downtown Tunnel shutdown until Monday morning.
Detours are in place and drivers are encouraged to take the Midtown Tunnel, the Jordan Bridge (toll suspended this weekend), and the Gilmerton Bridge.
Closures are expect every weekend until next Spring.
For full coverage on the closures at the Downtown Tunnel, click the link below.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Man wants ‘murder’ tattoo removed from neck before trial
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found