Man dances during traffic stop (video)
GAHANNA, Ohio (WBNS) – An Ohio man’s behavior during a traffic stop shocked the police officers who pulled him over.
“In my years in law enforcement, I’ve learned to never say I’ve seen everything because just when I say that, I see something I’ve never seen before,” Gahanna Police Sgt. Ethan Moffitt said.
Officers said Dale Bentley fled after they tried to pull him over for speeding Sunday. Police said once Bentley did stop, the 39-year-old appeared confused.
When officers started to perform a field sobriety test, police said Bentley started to dance.
“We know that when people are intoxicated they’re unpredictable.” Sgt Moffitt said. “Our concern is that he could fall over, hurt himself, fall out in traffic.”
Police said Bentley’s blood alcohol content was three times the legal limit at the time of his arrest. Bentley declined an on-camera interview, but did tell reporters he did not remember dancing. Bentley was charged with OVI, fleeing from officers and speeding.
- Sailor's murals give the USS Theodore Roosevelt a splash of color
- Hampton man shoots suspected burglar who was hiding out inside barber shop closet
- Shot of the year? Roanoke high schooler makes incredible basket
- Watch this: Massive Milwaukee highway pileup captured on video
- Suffolk mom targeted by online child porn scam