Victims chase robbers after being held up at gunpoint
Chesapeake, Va. – Miguel Rodriguez was drinking beer with his roommate near his front steps when two men came up and put a gun to his chest.
“He says, give me money, don’t move, don’t move,” said Rodriguez.
Rodriguez immigrated from Mexico three years ago. He says the robber ended up getting $26. Rodriguez and his roommate chased after him, but he got away quickly running down Lake Village Drive, so their attention turned to his partner who they didn’t know had a gun.
“Then there was another guy, I think he was his friend, he was running behind the apartments, and I was trying to chase him too and then he shoot me but he didn’t hit me you know,” said Rodolof Ortiz.
Ortiz and Rodriguez say they aren’t bitter about the money that was stolen. They just wish the robbers weren’t armed so it could have been a fair fight.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Dominion Blvd. emergency closure in place