Update: Missing Portsmouth man found in West Virginia
Portsmouth, Va. – Police say they were notified early Saturday morning by the Weston, West Virginia Police Department that Casey was found by citizens wandering in a Weston McDonald’s parking lot.
The citizens, unaware that he was missing, called police.
Casey was transported to a hospital to be examined, then reunited with his family.
Police say 88-year-old Robert Earle Casey was reported missing from the 4500 block of South Street in Portsmouth on Thursday.
Casey’s son told police that he left for work around 6:30 a.m. Thursday morning and when he returned later in the day his father wasn’t there.
Detectives say he suffers from medical conditions to include memory loss and confusion.
Casey drives a 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis and the family told police that he had been talking about going to West Virginia.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen