Update: Missing Portsmouth man found in West Virginia
Portsmouth, Va. – Police say they were notified early Saturday morning by the Weston, West Virginia Police Department that Casey was found by citizens wandering in a Weston McDonald’s parking lot.
The citizens, unaware that he was missing, called police.
Casey was transported to a hospital to be examined, then reunited with his family.
Police say 88-year-old Robert Earle Casey was reported missing from the 4500 block of South Street in Portsmouth on Thursday.
Casey’s son told police that he left for work around 6:30 a.m. Thursday morning and when he returned later in the day his father wasn’t there.
Detectives say he suffers from medical conditions to include memory loss and confusion.
Casey drives a 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis and the family told police that he had been talking about going to West Virginia.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call
- UPDATE: Crews free stuck cargo ship