Victims identified in separate Hampton shootings
Hampton, Va. – Police in Hampton are busy after two fatal shootings last night.
The first homicide happened around 12:22am in the area of Pembroke Ave. and Vaughan Ave. Police say one victim was found dead inside a 2009 Hyundai accent at the scene. The victim has been identified as Roderick Deon Rush, a 37-year-old Chesapeake man. He was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Shortly after that shooting, a man arrived at Sentara Careplex with a gunshot round, and two more men walked into Riverside Hospital with gunshot wounds.
All three are in stable condition. Police say the three may have been shot near the scene of the first shooting.
The second homicide happened around 2:57 am in the 1200 block of North King Street.
They found 21-year-old Jaquan Marquise Brown who they say was shot at least once in the upper body. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators say Brown was involved in an attempted robbery of a woman on King Street and afterwards, he was shot by an unknown suspect.
Police are still investigating this case.
Police do not believe the two shootings are related.
Anyone with information on these two shootings is asked to call the CrimeLine at 1-888-Lock-U-Up.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation