Man arrested for Sunday homicide in Accomack County
A man has been arrested following the homicide of a 32-year-old man early Sunday morning at a residence in Accomack County, the sheriff’s office announced Wednesday.
Jamar Edjuan Hickman, 24, was arrested in Salisbury, Maryland with assistance from the U.S. Marshalls Service and the Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office.
According to Sheriff Todd Godwin, deputies arrived at the residence on Daugherty Road near Tasley around 2:00 a.m. Sunday and found a male victim, identified as James Marque Wyatt, suffering from gunshot wounds.
He was transported to Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital and pronounced dead on arrival.
An investigation revealed that Wyatt was involved in an altercation between several people at the home resulting in gunfire.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'