Man arrested for Sunday homicide in Accomack County
A man has been arrested following the homicide of a 32-year-old man early Sunday morning at a residence in Accomack County, the sheriff’s office announced Wednesday.
Jamar Edjuan Hickman, 24, was arrested in Salisbury, Maryland with assistance from the U.S. Marshalls Service and the Wicomico County Sheriff’s Office.
According to Sheriff Todd Godwin, deputies arrived at the residence on Daugherty Road near Tasley around 2:00 a.m. Sunday and found a male victim, identified as James Marque Wyatt, suffering from gunshot wounds.
He was transported to Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital and pronounced dead on arrival.
An investigation revealed that Wyatt was involved in an altercation between several people at the home resulting in gunfire.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales