Vandals splatter Lincoln Memorial with green paint
(CNN) – The Lincoln Memorial was vandalized overnight and will remain closed until it is cleaned up, U.S. Park Police Capt. Steven Booker told CNN Friday.
Police were alerted to the scene just before 1:30 a.m. and found green paint splattered on the leg and base of the statue, he said.
There were no discernible letters or markings.
Park Police will review the security camera video for evidence, Booker said.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million