Newport News man accused of driving to Georgia for sex with 14-year-old
John Tysarczyk, Jr.
Newport News, Va. – A 36-year-old Newport News man was arrested in Augusta, Ga. after officials say he drove to the state to meet and have sex with who he believed to be a 14-year-old girl.
Investigators were chatting undercover with the Virginia man accused, John Tysarczyk, Jr.
He was arrested on Thursday for criminal attempt aggravated child molestation and is now being held in the Richmond County Jail.
- UPDATE: Two girls die after crash in Sandbridge, five others hospitalized
- UPDATE: Cargo ship runs aground in Virginia Beach; crews to start salvage plan Friday
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call