Home Depot recalls Soleil Portable Fan Heaters due to fire hazard
Home Depot has recalled about 107,000 Soleil Portable Fan Heaters due to fire hazard, according to CPSC.gov.
Consumers should stop using the product unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
The portable fans’ plastic housing can melt, deform, and catch fire during use, posing a fire hazard, according to the report.
Home Depot has received 464 reports of the fans melting. No injuries or property damage have been reported.
This recall involves Soleil portable fan heaters with model number LH-707. The model number is printed on the underside of the fan on a sticker. The circular table fans are white plastic and are 1500 watts. Soleil is printed on the center front of the fan. The fans have a thermostat control on the bottom left front and a power and fan speed control on the bottom right front. The fans measure about 8 inches in diameter by 8½ inches tall.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Grandy EMT allegedly hid camera in bunk room, Radio Shack tanning booth