Man charged with child neglect after infant found in hot car in Williamsburg
Williamsburg, Va. – A 24-year-old James City County man was arrested and charged with child neglect after officers say they saw a 10-month-old infant in distress inside of a hot car on Tuesday in Williamsburg.
They say the child was found on Nassau and Prince George Street alone inside of the vehicle crying and sweating. Parking enforcement employees alerted police after finding the child. The windows were down but there was no air conditioning and the car was turned off.
The father, Gregory Crawford, came back to the vehicle just minutes after the baby was found according to police.
Williamsburg police tell NewsChannel 3 that Crawford told them he left his daughter inside the car under the care of someone else.
Crawford was taken into custody and was later released on $3,000 bond.
Officers say the child did not need medical attention and was released to her mother.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Kill Devil Hills man sentenced for 2012 beating, sexual assault of girlfriend