Man charged in Mathews County fatal crash
A fatal crash was reported Monday morning in the 1800 block of East River Road in Mathews County.
It happened around 2:15 a.m. Monday morning on Route 660 (East River Road).
Police say a 2001 Saturn sedan was traveling northbound on Route 660, a two lane roadway with double solid lines, when it struck a John Deer front loader head on, which was partially in the northbound lanes.
The driver of the Saturn died on impact.
The victim has been identified as 20-year-old McKennah Evelyn Moore. Police say Moore was wearing her safety belt and alcohol was not a factor.
The front loader was driven by Carlos Vicente.
Vicente was towing a vehicle in the southbound lanes with the John Deer front loader. According to police, Vicente stopped in the travel lane to make adjustments to the vehicle being towed. The front loader of the John Deer was angled and partially in the northbound lanes when it was struck by the victim.
Vicente was not in the vehicle at time of the crash, and alcohol was not a factor.
Vicente was charged with Improper Stopping, and Improper Towing.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words