Move It Monday: Get Fit Challenge with Jim White
Jim White of Jim White Studios in Virginia Beach is back again to help us get fit.
Jim helped Kristen lose her baby weight after her first child – she has just had her second child – and now, Jim is here to help the entire NewsChannel 3 and WGNT crew lose weight and get fit!
Folks at home can also participate – it’s the Get Fit Challenge with WTKR.
Jim says you must first take your measurements – your hip to waist ratio. Then, focus on nutrition. About 3 oz. of meat is appropriate per day – and you can consume unlimited amounts of veggies. Unlimited!
Cut out refined sugars and cut down your portion sizes.
Jim also recommends 30 minutes per day of cardio. And at least 20 minutes of weight training, two times per week.
And finally, keep a food journal.
Here is a look at the 12-Week Get Fit Challenge:
1. Set yourself up for success!
Measure, weigh in, and set realistic goals.
2. Focus on nutrition
Have a meal plan, develop an eating out guide, and healthy grocery lists.
3. Burn calories through cardiovascular training
4. Build lean muscle with weight training
5. Stay on track
Jim White has much more info, HERE.
- Float catches fire during Oceanfront parade, caused by generator
- Navy releases two animated videos on dangers of spice, bath salts
- Update: VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition released on bond
- Newport News mom charged with child neglect after 1-year-old son found in car