ESA ladies take action for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
Thank you, ESA ladies!
Every year when NewsChannel 3 supports the St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway, we are joined by a group of dedicated volunteers.
The service organization Epsilon Sigma Alpha has helped us raise millions of dollars over the past 13 years to find a cure through St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
And since the group held its annual convention in Norfolk, what better time to say ‘thank you’?
“We at NewsChannel 3 are pleased and proud to present something special, that is our People Taking Action award for all the wonderful work you do.”
Nationally, ESA has been involved in fundraising for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital for the last 40 years.
On Friday, July 19 at the Norfolk Marriott, they applauded St. Jude families – and pledged to continue their unwavering support.
ESA president, Susan Winters, was honored, but humbled, as she accepted the award.
“On behalf of ESA, it is indeed my sincere pleasure to accept this award. We have been touching the lives of children for 40 years, but no more than the children have been touching our lives, thanks to you Madam president, thank you!”
The ESA convention continued at the Norfolk Waterside Marriott throughout the weekend, no doubt planning new ways to take action and get good results.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel