Portsmouth woman, 23, killed in traffic accident on I-264
Norfolk, Va – According to State Police, a woman was killed in a traffic accident around 2:00am Sunday on I-264 westbound at Ballentine Boulevard.
All lanes were shut down and traffic was diverted for approximately three hours.
Police say 23 year-old Tiara Glover of the 600 block of Rapidan Street in Portsmouth, was driving a 1996 Nissan 200 westbound on I-264 when she struck another vehicle which caused her to loose control and run off the road into the jersey wall.
Glover’s car then overturned several times coming to a rest on its roof.
The passenger, Courtney Graham was able to get out of the vehicle before it was struck by a 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe.
Glover was pronounced deceased at the scene and Graham was transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The driver of the Tahoe was not injured.
- UPDATE: Two more victims die overnight after fatal Sandbridge crash
- WATCH: Judge lashes out at convicted killer "I hope you die in prison"
- One person rushed to hospital after double shooting in Virginia Beach
- USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group returns home
- Norfolk resident: 'They had my little stepson on the ground with the gun to his head'