Newport News shooting suspect arrested after tactical situation
Newport News, Va. – The Newport News Police Department Tactical Operations Unit have arrested a robbery/shooting suspect after initiating a tactical situation in the 500 block of Adams Drive near Arden Drive.
Police say Karlos Swarn, 22, of the 4800 block of Madison Avenue in Newport News was wanted in connection with a robbery on July 11, 2013 on Tarrytown Court where the victim was robbed and shot.
Shortly after 1:00 p.m. Sunday, police received confirmation that Swarn was inside a home on Adams Drive.
Police were unable to make contact with Swarn and initiated a tactical situation.
A perimeter was placed around the home while detectives obtained a search warrant.
Swarn was taken into custody and is facing charges of malicious wounding, robbery, conspiracy to commit robbery, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon and two counts of use of a firearm in the commission of a felony.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen